Artvigil: an overview
Smart drugs have long back history as people have been using them long ago. At ancient age, people used herbs. Now, smart drugs come to us in synthetic form. Modafinil is the first safe smart pill which was approved by FDA in 1998. Then Armodafinil, the upgraded version of Modafinil came to the market. Artvigil is a brand version of this Armodafinil. Artvigil is also a very effective smart pill. As it has Armodafinil as the active ingredient, so it shows longer and stronger effect in comparison to other smart pills. It is effective from 12 to 15 hours. The ingredients of Artvigil are as follows;
Inactive: Serotonin, dopamine, adenosine, galanin, melatonin, serotonin, norepinephrine, and choline or phosphodiesterase VI, COMT, melanocortin, orexin-1, orphanin, PACAP or benzodiazepines, or transporters for GABA, GABA transaminase, and tyrosine hydroxylas
Use of Artvigil
- Like other smart pills, Artvigil is also effective in keeping us awake and active
- As it can treat fatigue and depression, it is also used as a mood booster
- Though it is not proved, Artvigil can be a probable solution to ADD/ADHD and Schizophrenia.
Smart pills are known for boosting up our activeness. But the working mechanism of the smart pills is not known. According to the experts, those work by stimulating the movement of neurotransmitters in the brain. As a smart pill probably Artvigil follows the same mechanism. Along with that, it also makes the effect on the GABA system and thus promotes alertness in us. To boost up our active energy and alertness, this smart pill also works as a mental performance booster. By following this working mechanism, Artvigil helps us to stay active and alert.
Risk of using
Some common side effects of Artvigil are as follows;
- A headache;
- A dry mouth;
Sometimes dizziness or insomnia also occurs but in the case of new users only.
Other rare but notable side effects are depression, anxiety, aggression, suicidal thoughts etc. If you see any unusual after taking this smart pill, stop taking it and contact the doctor
What happens if I overdose?
Artvigil has R-Modafinil as the active ingredient. It is very strong and offers almost 15 hours long effect. So within 24 hours, there is no need to take more than one pill of Artvigil 150 mg. if you take an overdose of this it can affect your both body and brain. At the initial stage, you may feel hyperactive, but later it can make you a numb person. Irregular heartbeat, increased blood pressure and chest pain etc. are the effect of Artvigil overdose.
- The patient with liver or kidney disease should avoid taking this smart pill
- If you are allergic to Modafinil or Armodafinil, don’t use Artvigil
- The patient with blood pressure problem should avoid this smart pill
- Don’t use Artvigil with alcohol
- Avoid taking other smart pills with it
- Don’t take more than one pill of Artvigil in one day
- Long-term use of Artvigil can make you a drug dependent
- Artvigil is not for you if your age is less than 17 years